Thursday, November 21, 2019

Week 11: Momentum

Ok, this might actually come together. Steady progress. I have been working off of the the "intuition theory" from a few weeks ago and using it as an umbrella to link in stories. As was suggested, I am pulling out some different stories and finding nuggets that link them to my theory. And finally, something that has been really frustrating has started to move forward. I find that every time I sit and try to work with the chronological facts I get stuck. I can't move. The more I tried to muscle my way through chapters, the more I dreaded working on things. But the stories have been a door in. So I have chosen a couple of my favorite stories from each significant phase of Lynn's life and I am working at it that way. If I let the stories tell themselves, then the fun part is linking it to the theory.  So I guess what I am saying is that writing this week has been pleasurable. Crazy, but I continue to find freedom in theory. Go figure. Instead of my original 10 chapters, I have three main sections. This is working much better.
I am pulling some of the stories from people of significance in Lynn's life. These are the people I worked on for this week:The three teachers that carry on the legacy: for now I will just give them initials: LD, KK and DM.
I am also pulling from two other interviews: her SON and MS. Not ready to share yet.

My goal is to have a rough draft in place by the end of Thanksgiving week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13: Writing My Way to Answers

I am not going to spend a lot of time on this post because I feel like every second counts. This past week was definitely the panic one. Ev...