Thursday, November 28, 2019

week 12: Be Relentless About What is Missing....

Hard to see how it is all going to come together. In fact things feel like they are exploding apart. Kind of like cleaning out a closet. Everything looks much worse before it looks better. Getting rid of stuff. Moving stuff around. In general, assessing the usefulness of each piece. How does everything serve the argument and the through line?

I had been working with the idea that my theory about intuition was the main argument. I am beginning to feel that it is just part of the argument. More shall be revealed as this is a big work weekend for me.

I plan to be relentless about what is missing and flush out the ideas that seem vague and ungrounded.
One example, LS often refers to "the energy" of things. Very Vague and one of those "feminine" words that needs some attention. It has come up repeatedly as I am going through peripheral interviews. It ties in with her thoughts on unlocking a student's potential. I just spent some time on the interview I had with her son. He is so poetic and has these amazing things to say about his mother. But, after working with that interview it is clear to me that I have to spend some time with this concept, define it, place it in context and I think it will help with some of the things that have been hard to tie in.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13: Writing My Way to Answers

I am not going to spend a lot of time on this post because I feel like every second counts. This past week was definitely the panic one. Ev...