Thursday, November 14, 2019

Week 10: 5am Religious Writing.... uuugh


This week has been particularly intense at my new job. The learning curve is high and almost everything has been unfamiliar. I am getting great comfort out of structured time to write in the morning. I know my morning hours are most efficient. I can get so much more done in that early morning time than hours spent in the daylight.  Every morning I get up at 5am so I can spend an hour writing before I go to work. 

I have let go of chapters for the moment and am working in three sections. I have identified three phases of development within the life of LS. I have been working religiously three documents but I am not yet ready to share. In these documents I am beginning to weave in the chronological information from the interviews I have summarized, theoretical themes and selective stories. I am also flushing out my Intro/ thesis/abstract. That will definitely be ready for next week, maybe before.

Also, this week I will have completed 10 articles for Dr. Nelson and will begin the task of putting them together for my thorough lit review.  

·      Intro/Thesis/Abstract
·      Early Years
·      Woodshedding: Adult beginners in Amsterdam, BAC (will explain & expand) begins to develop the festival circuit.
·      Golden years/ Dance Space: Becomes fully formed
·      Appendixes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13: Writing My Way to Answers

I am not going to spend a lot of time on this post because I feel like every second counts. This past week was definitely the panic one. Ev...