Thursday, September 19, 2019

Week 2: Aaaaahhhhh!!

Ok, this week has been a crazy whirlwind as I have shifted from having a full year to complete my thesis to instead having a couple of months. Although overwhelming, I have been at this research for a while. I have spent months meandering through literature and interviews. I have spent hours in conversation with my subject and now is the time to start bringing it all together.

I love the challenge of research and the task of synthesizing the literature. I understand that work and have no trouble getting myself to do that part. I did do a tremendous amount of work this week. I did a rough annotated bibliography. I completed a chapter outline and schedule. I also modified my proposal draft.

I struggle with the free writing component and this week was no different. My head is exploding with material, ideas, and themes. I continue to avoid writing from my own ideas. I realized this week I have to make a practice of it and not just expect myself to sit down and write the perfect chapter. I understand this intellectually. I must leave more time simply to write. Uuuugh.

Chapter 1 The Legacy of Yes Begins.
For some NYC is a destination, for others it is a fate.

Sadly, that is how far I got. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13: Writing My Way to Answers

I am not going to spend a lot of time on this post because I feel like every second counts. This past week was definitely the panic one. Ev...